Friday, September 11, 2009
(1) Operation: Restore Maximum Freedom, presented semi-biannually by Freeform KDVS 90.3 FM in Davis, is one of the most outstanding entertainment dollar values in all-day outdoor music festivals for its variety of excellent bands and artists and too-cheap admission price;
(2) We just added the most beloved funmakers, the Four Eyes, and the most superb, next-level performance artiste, Mom!!!
(3) We just added Sacto's newest impeccably amazing band, GGreen!!! (Seriously, if you haven't heard the new 4-piece rock lineup of GGreen, forget everything you know or think about GGreen.)
(4) Pre-sale tickets are even cheaper and buyable via Paypal without a convenience fee;
(5) Each ORMF festival has been an unregrettable, if not unforgettable, fun-packed time to lounge on the parklike grounds with friends old and new enjoying awesome music.
NOW, THEREFORE, I ask you to go to http://www.myspace.com/maximumfreedom and click on the Paypal button to send us $8 apiece for tickets for you and your friends who shall caravan over here with you. Bring a blanket to lay down on the lawn. Bring $5 for each large pitcher of PBR you throw down. Bring some money for arguably the best burger in this tri-county area. Wear smart layers, beginning with a short sleeve shirt and finishing with a sweatshirt or hoodie. Seriously, our weather's the best during this time of year.
Here's the press release for the all-important "Who's Playing" info....
Operation: Restore Maximum Freedom VII
It’s almost time again for O:RMF, the non-profit, all ages, DIY music festival put on roughly twice a year by Freeform KDVS 90.3FM in Davis. This event has a rich history of bringing killer audio projects from the radiowaves of KDVS to the soundwaves of Plainfield Station, the venue chosen for its awesome burgers, cheap beer and rural location in the middle of Yolo County. The music is still healthy in Sacto/Davis, where KDVS DJs fight the good fight against corporate against corporate hegemony of homogeny.
O:RMF VIII will run from 2pm to 10pm on Saturday October 3rd, with 13 bands. The lineup?
New Thrill Parade (SF)
Yellow Fever (Austin)
The Mantles (SF)
Nothing People (Orland)
The Four Eyes (Sac)
The American Splits (SF)
Foul Mouths (Sac)
Face the Rail (Bay Area)
Post Mortem Vomit (Davis/Concord)
Rapes of Grath (Santa Cruz)
Plainfield Station is located at 23944 County Road 98, just across the bridge at the intersection of road 98 & 29.
It's right between Davis and Woodland just off of Hwy 113. Easy to find from Sacto (less than 30 minutes): Take I-80 just past Davis; take Hwy 113 North cutoff toward Woodland; exit at Road 29 and turn left. Turn right at 2nd stop sign and park.
It's about an hour east of the Bay Area (but allow 90 minutes!). From eastbound I-80, take 113 North, then exit on Road 29 and turn left. Turn right at 2nd stop-sign and park.
Grill and beer bar, so bring cash for chow and cheer. The big pitchers of PBR were $5 last time.
Tickets cost $8 presale, $10 at the door. Get them at www.myspace.com/maximumfreedom/, where we’ll announce future presale locations. For more information, check out the following websites:
Posted by DJ Rick at 11:25 PM